Laurus Job Fair

Posted

You’re Invited! The Laurus Group will be hosting a Job Fair on September 15, 2017 from 9:00AM- 4:00PM. Professionals with experience in data entry, customer service, human resources, administrative assistance, and sales are encouraged to attend! Laurus is representing multiple positions within these fields. To RSVP, or if you have any questions, please email kchapman@laurus.com… Read more »

Stop Rushing Through Your Work

Posted

Do you often find yourself rushing? Are you impatient with others and move quickly from one thing to another? Speed can be important, but it can also often lead to stress. Mark Zuckerberg once said, “move fast and break things.” This can be a good reminder to keep things moving at a good pace, but… Read more »

Communication Tips for Work

Posted

Whether you work in a business with less than ten employees, or an international corporation with over 5,000 employees, staying connected at work can be difficult. It is also extremely important. Staying connected is essential when it comes to productivity. Some methods of communication are better than others to keep everyone up to date. E-mail…. Read more »

How to Inspire Your Staff

Posted

No matter what your leadership position is, it is up to you to motivate employees. Your team looks to you for inspiration and reassurance. A recent report showed that only 30% of the U.S. workforce is engaged in their work and enjoy their jobs. The other 70% are disengaged which translates to they hate their… Read more »

How to Avoid Resume Mistakes

Posted

Your resume is like a golden ticket. It leads you to interviews and job offers. So, it needs to be as close to perfect as possible. It takes just one mistake for a recruiter to start doubting your abilities. Your resume must be immaculate and error-free. Here are some common resume mistakes and how to… Read more »

Mantras for a Genuine Leader

Posted

As a leader, you learn from those around you. But, none of them have your unique skills, experience, ideas, and values. When you build upon those traits, you define yourself as a leader and set yourself a part from the rest. Your real value will come from building upon those traits. Many leaders have a… Read more »

How to Build Confidence for an Interview

Posted

A job interview may be a good sign that you are being considered for a position, but it can also be the source of anxiety. Candidates might fear they will make a mistake that could take them out of the running for a position. A great way to ease some of that anxiety is to… Read more »

Habits of Happy and Engaged Employees

Posted

Have you heard the saying “Happy people are better workers?” There is evidence from research and psychology experts that back up this statement. But, all of us still reject the idea that feelings and emotions belong in the workplace. We live two lives, one at work where we put on a happy face even if… Read more »

Key Interview Questions

Posted

Google “common interview questions.” Yes, right now. Go ahead, I’ll wait. The first link to pop up in my search included twenty-seven questions. 27! Have you ever been asked 27 questions during a job interview? That seems a bit excessive. There are a few key interview questions, and the other 20+ are just variations. Here… Read more »

How to Handle an Unexpected Interview Question

Posted

You practiced for hours leading up to your job interview. You went over all of the possible questions you could be asked. You’re confident and ready for anything the interviewer throws your way. Until you’re not. Everything seems to be going well and then she asks the next question and your mind goes blank. We’ve… Read more »